Friday, June 4, 2010

I think I can!, I think I can!




Well I visited with Miss. Ranelle yesterday about being a Doula. I had such a great time and our kids played so nice together at the park. She has been a Doula for fifteen yrs. and works a lot with Mountain Midwifery and Longmont Doulas. After our talk I came home and added up the numbers and I KNOW i can afford it, I KNOW i can easily read through the material, I KNOW i can get to all the training. BUT I'M sooooooooooo afraid of starting something new. The shy weird teenager comes out and I loss my confidence to easily....How do you find strange women that will let you in on there very own miracle. I need three active births to get all my qualifications done. I have two years to finish after I register with D.O.N.A.

When I start something like this I want to be done successfully as soon as possible. If I hoof it I could be a registered Doula by January or as least under a years time. I am so excited yet intimidated. I got on the phone yesterday with the trainer, Penny that will be here in September and she was so encouraging and excited for me ( it was more fun that she had an English accent!) I can see my self being a Doula so easily yet I have to choose to get over the hurdles in my mind. Well world wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment